VISION AND MISSION
Brunei Darussalam – An Active Member of the International Community in shaping and progressing economic and financial cooperation that promote stability, resiliency and prosperity.
To safeguard and promote Brunei Darussalam's national economic and financial interests at the bilateral, regional and international platforms.
- To represent Brunei Darussalam in various regional and international economic and financial forums/organisations such as ASEAN finance, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC); Commonwealth Trade and Finance, OIC COMCEC, International Monetary Fund (IMF), and World Bank;
- To coordinate bilateral financial and economic cooperation, especially those related to areas under MOFE's portfolio
- Assess bilateral, regional and international initiatives / issues and to make appropriate recommendations to Management
- Increase Brunei Darussalam's profile as a country that advocates for a conducive economic environment for FDI and business;
- Contribute to economic development by cooperating to promote and facilitate trade and investment flow between Brunei Darussalam and partner countries;
- Provide platform to share views and perspectives in addressing economic challenges which could contribute to domestic economic governance
- Supporting efforts to facilitate business engagements through Business-Matching and Business Networking sessions in cooperation with other relevant MOFE Divisions/Agencies
- Access to technical assistance and capacity building programmes provided by regional and international institutions for government / private sector to boost capacities in enhancing Brunei Darussalam's economic growth and development