Objectives and Functions
- To increase Government income collection from Income Tax and Stamp Duty;
- To increase voluntary compliance and minimise the cost of compliance to taxpayers;
- To promote an efficient, effective and modern tax system which is in line with international best practices;
- To enhance tax administration's professionalism and efficiency through human resource development and info communication technologies;
- To help create business and investment friendly environment through efficient and competitive tax environment;
- To enhance treaty network on Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement (DTA), Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) and Tax Information Exchange Agreement TIEA).
- To administer the Income Tax Act (Chapter 35), the Income Tax (Petroleum) Act (Chapter 119) and the Stamp Act (Chapter 34)
- To continuously review and strengthen the Income Tax legislations with a view to increase tax compliance and collection;
- To process applications for Authorised Auditors' Licences in Brunei Darussalam;
- To conduct and negotiate Avoidance of Double Taxation Agreement (DTA), Bilateral Investment Treaty (BIT) and Tax Information Exchange Agreement (TIEA).