Malay | English
The Government of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam is pleased to invite suitably qualified applicants to apply for position within the Investment Division (ID) of Ministry of Finance and Economy.
- Must be a citizen of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam.
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree from an institution accredited by Ministry of Education, Brunei Darussalam in Islamic Finance or in a relevant subject.
- Must have at least 10 years relevant working experience in Islamic banking, economic, finance, investments, capital markets or any other related field.
- Relevant Masters degree and/or Professional Qualification such as Fiqh al-Mu’amalat, CIA, ACCA, CFA and their equivalent is an added advantage.
- Possesses excellent people management, communication, data gathering and analytical skills with high capability in report writing.
- Fluent in oral and written Malay and English. Fluent in oral and written Arabic is an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office such as Ms Word, Excel, Powerpoint and etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the Ministry of Finance and Economy’s strategic objectives and annual plan.
- Oversee the management and development of the relevant unit and is responsible for the day-to-day management of relevant unit which includes as planning and budgeting, fund management, recording and control of all fund movements and payments, generating statistics and preparing reports of the unit’s operations.
- Responsible for supervising staffs and ensuring they are carrying the duties and fulfilling the function.
- Conduct significant research within the Finance/Islamic Finance sector and monitor industry developments to enable the relevant unit to increase its impact.
- Ensuring delivery of the projects undertaken by the unit, track areas of growth and expansion within the industry.
- Instill Shariah governance and ensure Shariah compliancy of the relevant unit.
- Supervise and provide technical and Shariah guidance to existing and new staff members, to peers and colleagues and departments in Finance/Islamic Finance related issues.
- Developing and managing relationships with various stakeholders to ensure the highest level outcome and goals are met.
- Other duties and responsibilities instructed from time to time.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following:-
- An application form, which is obtainable at the address below, at our website www.mofe.gov.bn or by emailing email@example.com
- On a separate sheet, essay up to 500 words, “The importance of Shariah governance in organizational success”.
- A full resume.
Level 6, Ministry of Finance and Economy Building
Bandar Seri Begawan BB3910
Completed applications should be returned to the above address before 4.00 pm, Friday (22 March 2019).
Note: Any incomplete application submission will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.